Travelling to the Gold Coast? Don’t forget to pack these essentials
When considering the weather on the Gold Coast, the Gold Coast Hinterland can potentially receive both higher and lower temperatures throughout the day and night. Taking this into account, packing for your holiday will need to be considered.
- You should always pack sunscreen for your Gold Coast Hinterland holiday. Even if the temperatures are lower in the winter months, there is still a high risk of getting sunburn. Consider also packing a hat that covers your neck and face, long sleeve shirts for extra coverage and an umbrella or pop up cabana if heading out to the beach.
- Do not forget your mosquito spray. At times of humidity, the mosquitos will be out in force. There is nothing worse than trying to enjoy an afternoon by the water and hearing the buzz of the mozzies.
- If you are heading toward the beachside suburbs, you are generally guaranteed to need your swimsuit. Don’t forget to always swim between the flags at patrolled beaches.
- If you are going to go for bush walks throughout the lush forests in the Gold Coast Hinterland, make sure to pack sturdy shoes with a solid grip and long pants.
- Bring some jumpers and jackets if you are visiting in the cooler months. The Hinterland can get lower temperatures so plan ahead.